Table of Contents
In this article, you will learn the Powerful SEO Keyword Research Tips & Checklist.
Keyword use makes up big chunks of any search engine optimization (SEO) techniques today. It tells the search engine about the contents of your site. SEO Keyword Research also connect your site to actual searches made by people on Google.
Thus, it helps your site become more visible on the web, which ultimately delivers more organic traffic to you.
But proper usage of keywords isn’t about simply thinking of one or few words to use repeatedly in your web contents. Its circles on proper SEO keyword research to find the best for your site. Also, it’s about incorporating keywords on your content properly. Aside from boosting your site, it also helps avoid penalties from Google because of keyword stuffing among other violations.
And that’s what you should learn to take full advantage of keywords for SEO this 2020.
Learn about SEO Keywords and use them for your Advantage properly
In SEO, keywords sum up the contents on your page or site. This helps search engine identify what your contents are all about. This ranks up your contents on relevant searches done by search engine users, so the search engine would provide relevant results for each search. Thus, hire an SEO expert who knows how to make the most out of keyword usage for your site today.
If you offer language lessons in Philippines, for example, “language classes” and “language courses” would fit as your SEO keywords. If somebody uses “language classes in Houston” on their Google search phrase, your contents or site would probably appear on the search results.
Be sure, however, to learn about these points in using keywords for SEO this 2019 properly:
Difference between Short Tail and Long Tail SEO Keywords
Keywords mainly fall on these two classifications this 2019. And they offer unique functions for SEO as well.
Short Tail Keywords
These are short keywords often comprised of the main idea of a content. The “language courses” and “language classes” examples above are both short tail keywords for language lesson services. They are often used on title tags, meta descriptions, heading and all throughout the article. They are even suitable for use on URLs.
Long Tail SEO Keywords
On the other hand, long tail keywords are more specific about the idea of an entire content or its parts. They are comprised of three words or more, and are generally used once or two times throughout the article.
For example, you want to hire SEO experts Philippines services, you would Google about “SEO experts in the Philippines” or “Philippine SEO experts”. That helps you yield specific results you need, instead of getting SEO experts from other places. In short, long tail keywords help your content to appear on highly relevant searches, thus they usually have high conversion rates.
Doing SEO Keywords Research
As mentioned earlier, you don’t simply think of any words and use it as your keywords. You should find keywords that search engine users often type in the search box. But be sure to pick SEO keywords with low competition rates to gain more organic traffic. Here’s how to do a proper search today:
- Use reliable SEO keyword tools which would help you in searching. A reputable example is the Google Keyword Planner, which help you yield data directly from Google itself. This lets you get vital details for a keyword, such as its click through rate (CTR) and search volume among other data. Use such data to gauge which keywords has the least competition, but with higher volume of searches.
- Take advantage of Google suggest feature in getting long tail keywords. Type your short tail keyword on the search box of Google, but do not press enter or click “search”. Instead, scroll the keywords Google will suggest. Those are keywords from Google itself; hence, you can trust them to work well.
- Find question keywords for articles and blog posts. People often use question keywords to find answer on Google. Following the example above, “How much language courses cost in Philippines?” is a suitable question keyword.
- If you find keywords manually, use SEO keywords finder for analysis. This will show you data of each keyword before you finally use them in your content.
Using SEO Keywords on your Content
After gathering keywords for your site in 2019, here are few points in using them efficiently:
- Use keywords on your URLs, title tag, meta description and headings. Yes, you should use general keywords for your website, but it’s best to come up with unique keywords for each content. These SEO keywords are what Google notice first; hence, be sure to use them properly.
- Do not simply stuff keywords in your content. First, use your main keyword on the first 150 words of your content. Then, use them every 250 to 300 words to avoid keyword stuffing, which is a foul for Google. Also, be sure your keyword makes sense in a sentence or paragraph, and observe correct grammar.
- It’s best to position your keywords towards the beginning or right at the start of a sentence. Middle or towards the end is acceptable, but avoid using it at the end part of a sentence. This is to avoid making your keywords appear like afterthoughts, or forcedly stuffed on a sentence.
- Latent Semantic Indexing (LSI) keywords help avoids keyword stuffing, or overly repeating keywords in your article. These are synonymous words or phrases to your keywords which acts as substitute when you need to use them in a sentence. For example, instead of repeating “language courses in Philippines” multiple times, consider using “language lessons in Philippines” or “language learning courses in the Philippines” instead.
Keywords help your content connect with actual searches on Google this 2019. And expect it to remain significant for many years ahead. Thus, it’s wise to use them in boosting your site. Be sure, however, to search and use keywords properly for your advantage.
It’s about finding and using keywords which would guides people to your content. That said, it helps you gain more organic traffics, which have bigger potential to become actual sales. And if your site acquires more organic traffics because of SEO keywords, it would climb up the Google search result pages as well. That’s additional potential sales for you.
Thus, find reliable SEO experts who know how to use SEO keyword research skillfully. If you want reputable services in Davao, JeaniusHub is here for you. We have a team of Davao SEO experts who would proficiently incorporate keywords to your site today.